|Dr. Jonas Kratzke|
Phone: +49 6221 54 14512
Office address/Post address
Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab (EMCL)
In my studies of technical mathematics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), I placed special emphasis on computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and medical simulation systems. I graduated in 2013 with a diploma thesis on A Virtual Wind Channel for Low Reynolds Numbers: A Numerical Approach based on Lattice Boltzmann Methods (LBM), in which I investigated the quality of a surface force evaluation method by the means of computing the drag coefficient of complex-shaped objects.
In June 2013, I joined the work group of Prof. Dr. Heuveline as a research associate. In the scope of the project Autostereoscopic medical visualization for minimally invasive surgery (AstemViz), I deepened my experiences in numerical methods for cardiovascular applications. As an associate member of the Collaborative Research Center SFB/TRR 125 Cognition-guided Surgery my research focuses on fluid-structure interaction simulations for surgery assistance systems. Applied to the thoracic aorta, a further-reaching question is, how the reliability of simulation outcomes can be measured, aiming at a trustworthy clinical integration of simulation methods.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
- Uncertainty quantification (UQ)
- Cardiovascular applications
- High performance computing (HPC)
- HiFlow³ - Multi-Purpose Finite Element Software
- Collaborative Research Center 'Cognition-guided Surgery' (SFB/TRR 125)
- Integrated Heart Model
- Kratzke, J.
Uncertainty Quantification for Fluid-Structure Interaction: Application to Aortic Biomechanics
Dissertation, Heidelberg: heiDOK, 2018.
- Kratzke, J. and Heuveline, V. (Hrsg.)
E-Science-Tage 2017: Forschungsdaten managen
Heidelberg: heiBOOKS, 2017.
- Gawlok, S., Gerstner, P., Haupt, S., Heuveline, V., Kratzke, J., Lösel, P., Mang, K., Schmidtobreick, M., Schoch, N., Schween, N., Schwegler, J., Song C. and Wlotzka M.
HiFlow³ – Technical Report on Release 2.0
Preprint Series of the Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab, [S.l.], n. 6, nov. 2017. ISSN 2191-0693.
- Kratzke, J. and Heuveline, V.
An analytically solvable benchmark problem for fluid-structure interaction with uncertain parameters
Preprint Series of the Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab, [S.l.], n. 2, dec. 2016. ISSN 2191-0693.
- Kratzke, J., Rengier, F., Weis, C., Beller, C. and Heuveline, V.
In vitro flow assessment: From PC-MRI to computational fluid dynamics including fluid-structure interaction
Proc. SPIE 9783, Medical Imaging 2016: Physics of Medical Imaging, 97835C (April 1, 2016)
- Kratzke, J., Schick, M. and Heuveline, V.
Fluid-Structure Interaction Simulation of an Aortic Phantom with uncertain Young's Modulus using the Polynomial Chaos Expansion
Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 807, pp. 34-44, Nov. 2015
- Kratzke, J., Schoch, N., Weis, C., Müller-Eschner, M., Speidel, S., Farag, M., Beller, C. and Heuveline, V.
Enhancing 4D PC-MRI in an aortic phantom considering numerical simulations
Proc. SPIE9412, Medical Imaging 2015: Physics of Medical Imaging, 94121E (March 18, 2015)
- Baumann, M., Förstner, J., Heuveline, V., Kratzke, J., Ritterbusch, S., Vogel, B. and Vogel, H.
Model-based Visualization of Instationary Geo-Data with Application to Volcano Ash Data
Handbook of Geomathematics. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2014 (pp. 1-21).
- Nathen, P., Gaudlitz, D., Krause, M., and Kratzke, J.
An extension of the Lattice Boltzmann Method for simulating turbulent flows around rotating geometries of arbitrary shape
21st AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference. San Diego, CA, USA, 2013.
- Uncertainty quantification for the simulation of the human heart
Workshop at the Philips Research Laboratories, Hamburg, 25.06.2018
- A probability measure for aortic vessel wall overload based on fluid-structure interaction simulations
ECCM - ECFD 2018, Glasgow, UK, 13.06.2018
- Fluid-Structure Interaction with Uncertainty in Medical Engineering
SIAM Conference on Uncertainty Quantification (UQ18), Los Angeles, USA, 16.04.2018
- HPC-based uncertainty quantification for fluid-structure coupling in medical engineering
bwHPC Symposium 2017, Tübingen, 04.10.2017
- Enhancing Imaging in Medical Engineering using HPC: Application to an Aortic Phantom
6th International Conference on High Performance Scientific Computing (HPSC), Hanoi, Vietnam, 16.03.2015
- Towards enhancing 4D-MRI imaging in aortic phantoms by means of numerical simulation
IWH Symposium Simulation and Optimization of Extreme Fluids, Heidelberg, 11.11.2014
- HiFlow3-based Numerical Simulations for Cognition-Guided Surgery
PDE Soft 2014 Conference, Heidelberg, 15.07.2014
- HPC-based Numerical Simulations for Cognition-Guided Surgery
International Symposium on Modeling and Simulation of the Cardiovascular System, Heidelberg, 11.02.2014